PHGA PRESIDENT’S CUP
MATCH PLAY TOURNAMENT
When: All Summer
Sign-Up Deadline: April 12, 2017
Sign-Up and Payment: Send payment to Bob Mathieson 1071 Hunting Drive Palatine Illinois 60067 Make checks payable to the PHGA
Questions: Bob Mathieson (email@example.com) 847-991-0928
2 Flights (16 players per flight)
- Four cash winners each flight
- Matches begin April 23
- Strokes based on difference between CURRENT handicaps
- In the event of a tie, scorecard will be matched beginning on 17th hole and proceeding backward
- PHGA Rules of Play apply
- GEM Players play from respective tees with handicaps from those tees.
- Match play must be completed within allotted time frames to avoid disqualification at Match Play Committee’s discretion. Extensions are subject to Match Play Committee review.
- All Match play events must be played at Palatine Hills.
- Any disputes will be reviewed by the Match Play Committee
- Prize money/trophies presented at PHGA Year-End Banquet.
- Match play winners will post scores on the pairing sheet in the Clubhouse, indicating final results as, for example: “1UP” (Player “A” was up one hole after 18 holes were completed); “7 and 6” (Player “A” is up 7 holes w/six to play); “4 and 2” (Player “A” is up 4 holes w/two to play); “1UP T” (Match was all square after 18 holes, but player “A” won on scorecard playoff – see rule #5)
- Results will be posted in the Clubhouse and the PHGA website
- Win 2 matches = $30.00 (2 winners)
- Win 3 matches = $90.00 (2nd place)
- Flight Champion = $170.00 plus Trophy (1st place)
Match Play Committee contact info:
Bob Mathieson (firstname.lastname@example.org);847-991-0928
Joe Petricca (email@example.com); 847-705-9263
Karl Costello (firstname.lastname@example.org): 847-456-3926